Tuesday, September 4, 2012

More Lamma Island

I don't know if my surprise is a big factor in this, but I am finding Lamma Island incredibly beautiful and picture-worthy! If not for the fact that I'm being eaten alive by mosquitoes (the locals say that they like my new foreign blood :P), I'd want to stay here longer.

So I've been hiking around the island the past few days. I must be getting used to the heat because I walked around for almost 3 hours today, and the humidity isn't bothering me at all now. Lamma Island is quite hilly, and the trails often start at beaches and end on hilltops, so the views have been quite breathtaking in person. It doesn't quite translate on camera, but it definitely didn't stop me from trying!

I felt like I was an explorer trekking through the
jungle, getting glimpses of beautiful scenery
between the trees.


Of course, the sight of the gigantic power station dispels any notions
of being on undiscovered land. Pretty valley though, no?


And of course, all the trails were very civilized,
paved and marked clearly.


Seriously, this looked SO much more huge in person.


I think I ended up hiking about 300 feet up. Doesn't sound nearly
as impressive that way though.


View of another bay and village.


Rolling down the side of the mountain to get downhill is not an option.


And a view from below, on beach level. Extra large because it is extra gorgeous!


The water was surprisingly clear and clean!


My sea glass souvenir. Yes, I know it's just broken bits of beer
bottles that have been worn smooth from the ocean. It's still pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment