Thursday, September 13, 2012

I've been eating... a lot.

It probably seems as if all I'm doing in Hong Kong is eating, if my recent posts have been any indication. And it would... be mostly correct! I can't help it; there are so many street vendors and restaurants. Also, people in Hong Kong have a fourth major meal (after breakfast, lunch, and dinner)... it's a 3pm tea-time, which is another excuse to go have something yummy!


Poached chicken, with a garlicky spicy sauce. This
was probably half a small chicken, with white rice.
Add a cold drink for an extra $2 HKD, and this meal
cost $32 HKD, or about $4 USD.


My parents' favorite fast food chain in HK: Cafe de Coral (大家樂).
I ordered the pork and octopus with rice in a clay pot. The dish was okay;
I found some of the rice undercooked. The best part of the meal was the
red bean iced drink; so cold and refreshing. Total cost of this meal was
$39 HKD, or about $5 USD.


Close-up of grilled cuttlefish balls, from a street
vendor. The slightly crisp outsides went well with
the soft, warm insides. So yummy! $9 HKD for
the skewer, or slightly over $1 USD.


I have to make my way through Chinese desserts as well. This is a mango
pudding, topped with fresh mangoes and slightly sweetened milk. This
was much less sweet than Western desserts, but very refreshing.
$17 HKD, or just a tad over $2 USD.


Besides snack-y meals, I also had the chance to have some delicious food while catching up with an old friend!

Chiu Chow style marinated cold plate. There was pork, egg, and tofu.


Shrimp and bean thread with XO Sauce, cooked in clay pot.


Black Pepper Beef with Broccoli.



No comments:

Post a Comment