Saturday, September 15, 2012

Memories....

This post is really for my mom and dad, because it features mostly places that won't be familiar to many people except for them. Ah, but what is a homecoming trip, if one does not take a stroll down memory lane?

(Granted, my memories are the extremely fuzzy, I-was-5-years-old! type)

Although this used to be smaller, this building is where my mom
used to work as a nurse. Also: I was born here!


Looks new and modern!


I'm sure things didn't look like this when I was a baby!


My childhood home. I know I lived in two
separate apartments in this complex; was it the 9th
floor and 11th? Anyway, it looks pretty good for
such an old building. It's been repainted recently.


Let's see if my parents recognize this one. Answer below!


Ta da! My maternal grandfather lived here, and I remember really enjoying
my visits here. Except when I had to drink really bitter Chinese
medicinal soup! This building has since been bought out though,
and should be demolished soon to make way for new condos.


After a morning of walking around, which I have to thank my 4th uncle for, we made our way to partake in the popular Hong Kong weekend ritual of dim sum. The beauty of having dim sum with a table-ful of people is that you can order a lot of different things to eat!

Lots of food options. Everything was really fresh, not too oily, and tasty!


Many thanks to 四舅父, 四舅母 and family for their hospitality!

No comments:

Post a Comment