Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Goodbye Hong Kong

This trip has been flying by. It seems only like yesterday when I was feeling giddy about landing in London, and now I am on the home stretch.

Hong Kong will always be my original hometown. I didn't remember much of it from when I was a little girl, and so I wanted this visit to be about absorbing the city. Maybe Hong Kong is why I feel so at home in New York; I was born in a city and am a city girl at heart. Hong Kong is vibrant and crowded, and fascinating in a thousand ways. Even dirty streets and old buildings have their own story to tell; I have really enjoyed strolling around some of the more pedestrian neighborhoods and spending time with family.

Truth is, I am a little sad about leaving. It's funny that Southeast Asia made me feel American in a way I've never felt before, because Hong Kong makes me feel very Chinese.

I'll be back!! In the meantime, next stop: San Francisco.

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment