Friday, October 5, 2012

The rest of San Francisco

I have already reached the last city of my trip (Portland, Oregon), but I wanted to put up a few more pictures from my San Francisco visit. I was pretty lucky in that the week was mostly unseasonably warm, so it was comfortable to be outside.

I forgot if I put this picture up already. It's the pier where dozens and
dozens of sea lions have taken up residence. They sun themselves
and frolic on these docks all day long.


One of the many many colorful murals in the Mission District


I had to try some Mission District Mexican food!


Passing through Japantown


The Academy of Science was a really fun place to visit. It's a
planetarium, aquarium, and natural science museum all in one! This is
the rainforest dome, where you can see many types of vegetation, birds,
and butterflies that would live in this habitat.


The aquarium portion of the Academy had a huge coral reef tank that you
can also look at from above. The multiple views made it very interesting.


My favorite little critter from the Academy! It's a tiny cuttlefish. Adorable!


Piece of art from deYoung Museum. Called "The Spine
and Tooth of Santo Guerro", it is constructed out of
gun parts, bullets, and pellets as a statement about
religion and violence.


The San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge on a clear day.




No comments:

Post a Comment