Monday, October 15, 2012

Home Again

In the blink of an eye, my grand adventure has come and gone. When I was planning this trip, it seemed like I was going to be away for a very long time. But amazingly, it has flown by! In many ways, I don't think that I will feel the full impact of this trip until a few months from now... I've been so busy experiencing new things that I haven't had time to truly reflect on everything that I have seen and done. I look forward to it; in a few months when it is freezing in New York, I can slowly enjoy the memory of humidly hot days in Vietnam!

I guess it's wrong to say though, that my adventure has come to an end. I return to New York without an apartment, or a job... I think it's safe to say that the next few months will be just as big an adventure as the summer was! And after all, there are dozens of new food places in New York that I have to visit! So I think I will keep updating this blog for a while yet.

The first priority right now is to find a new apartment. Luckily, I am pretty sure of what I am looking for already, so the search should be relatively simple. My brother, Jon, will be coming up to New York too, so I'll need to find an apartment that is economical and can fit both of us. I think I saw an apartment yesterday that fits the bill, but since nothing's been approved yet, I'll hold off writing about it until things are set.

So... the adventure continues!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment