Sunday, October 7, 2012

Portlandia

In the blink of an eye, I have already arrived at the last stop in my trip before I head home to New York. I am in Portland, Oregon to visit some friends who moved here last year. Portland has clean suburbs, lots of bustling local restaurants, and an affordable standard of living that makes this place very desirable for young families.

Since this is my last stop, I have been feeling quite lazy. It has been enough to hang out with my friends, eat some good food, play with babies, and take afternoon naps. Since I will be quite busy once I do reach New York, this will be a relaxing week for me. And of course, "relaxing" also means "eat lots and lots of foooooood".

Sunset view around Oregon farmlands


Delicious brunch dish; sausage ragu, mozzarella, and a fried egg on
top of polenta from Tasty n Sons.


I was hungry and started eating before I remembered to take a picture!
Half rack baby back ribs, mac and cheese, and candied yams from
Russell Street Bar-B-Que


Sampling very special local beer at the
Fresh Hops festival.


Am amazingly sweet corn chowder, made in the Glasby-Miyake home!


Food coma alert! Brunch at the very popular Screen Door (we were in line
for 40 minutes waiting for the place to open at 9am!!). This is fried chicken
in a biscuit, smothered with gravy, and roasted potatoes.


1 comment:

  1. Two things:
    - Jessica!!!
    - High metabolism is a blessing

    Enjoy your relaxing week :)

    ReplyDelete