Sunday, October 28, 2012

Moving in, one box at a time

One of the best things about moving into a new place is decorating. It's so much fun to work with a new layout, and buy new accessories. For this apartment, I really had to start from scratch in a lot of cases, so it's been a really busy week! Multiple visits to Target and IKEA has resulted in plenty of exercise; I live on the 3rd floor and had to haul a lot of things up all those stairs!

Putting together the bed frame


Almost done; slats are used instead of a boxspring


Whoo hoo! I have a bed! (Yeah, I need to get a new
duvet cover; I've had the same one for years)


Making good use of the one closet!


New kitchen cabinets. So nice. So clean.


AND I have a new fridge! The cabinets are on the small
side, so I put up that bar for the pots. Faaaancy, no?


Now I'll have to decide on artwork. Since I didn't re-paint and kept the walls white, they seriously need something to liven the place up. Luckily, I have all sorts of things already... I'll post more pictures as the apartment evolves!

1 comment: