Saturday, August 11, 2012

The way to Saigon is through your stomach

Saigon (or Ho Chi Minh City as it is called now) is one bustling place! By far the most modernized city we have visited so far, I have been amazed by the variety and amount of local food in the streets. From early morning breakfast vendors to a bustling warehouse market, I can't even begin to identify some of the dishes offered. All I know is that some of this looks seriously tasty, and that everyone seems to be pretty hungry most of the time. While I don't have the time or stomach to try eating it all, here's a brief pictorial of what I have seen during one morning/afternoon in Saigon.


Skewers for breakfast?


Fruits and veggies


Sweet pastries


Waiting for business


Pho is a popular breakfast choice


Banh Mi assembly line


I have no idea what is in that pot


Dried Shrimp, anyone?


One way to keep hydrated in this hot city


Some kind of fried dough, I think


Clams and snails waiting to be sauteed


I have no idea what she's serving


Mmm. Ingredients for yummy drinks


She certainly has lots of customers!


No comments:

Post a Comment