Thursday, August 9, 2012

Nha Trang

Wow, I can't believe that I'm halfway through the tour!

We are now in Nha Trang, home to one of the most popular beaches in Vietnam. The background is stunning, with the contrast between white sands and mountains in the distance. There is so much to do in Nha Trang, and I have so little time! Cable car rides and snorkling and island hopping... ehhh... I think I'm going to take it easy tomorrow and relax on the beach. And maybe get a massage. :)




As for today, I visited a mud bath! No pictures, since I didn't want to ruin my camera. I wasn't sure what the experience would be like, but it ended up really interesting. I pictured that I would go to an outdoor area with pools of thick mud which I would spread all over myself. In reality, you pay $5 to get into a resort-like area. After rinsing off, you are directed into an outdoor tub that is then filled with a muddy slurry. You sit in there for about 15 minutes, rinse the mud off, and then go soak in another tub filled with hot mineral water. I think the mud and water are supposed to be good for your body and skin. I don't feel too different, but it was kind of fun to get dirty!

Tonight was a lot of fun as well, as it was the first time I've gone dancing in a while (it was a... club-by bar?). I definitely didn't last too long though; it's time to call it a day and get to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment