Thursday, August 14, 2014

Taipei, Day 3 - Food Court at Q Square

My poor stomach. So much food being crammed into it! Just as I was starting to get hungry again today, it was time for dinner. Another meal, another decision! With so many options, it's not easy to pick!

While wandering around Taipei Main Station the other day, I noticed that it connected with a full-blown mall. I returned this evening with the intent to explore its food court. Located down in the basement, it is a beautiful, tastefully decorated space. Odd adjectives to use in conjunction with a food court, but apt!




I circled the food court twice before making a decision. The choices were primarily Asian: Japanese, Korean, Indian. But since I was in Taiwan, it was actually a no-brainer to try a local staple: fried pork chop. It came in a set, accompanied by a big bowl of minced pork rice, some side dishes, and a clear soup. It was a LOT of food, and all for 150 NTD ($5 USD)!



Wow, this was delicious. The pork chop was flavorful and crunchy and still juicy. The breading had the faintest whisper of five-spice powder. The minced pork had a gentle mild flavor, which let the pork chop be the star. The various accompanying vegetables all provided either a texture or flavor that excited the taste buds.

I managed to eat everything except half of the rice. I was so full that I forgot to get some dessert for later! Ha. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment