Monday, March 31, 2014

Surrounded by sushi

For the past week, my life has been wrapped up in work training and prepping my classroom for the new school year (in Japan, the school year begins in April). Between learning about what to do in the event of an earthquake (drop, cover, hold!) and using a forest's worth of construction paper, both my mind and my body has been exhausted. I unfortunately can't post any pictures of my classroom, but believe me when I say that I've never used scissors this much before!

After work tonight, I decided to splurge on a fun dinner, and headed to the local conveyor belt sushi joint. Most items on the menu are just 105 yen a plate, so I guess 'splurge' is an overstatement.

I don't go to sushi, sushi comes to me!


seared tuna topped with onion


chopped tuna with shiso


salmon salad


salmon with scallions, topped with a garlic pepper sauce (the
sauce was surprisingly NOT spicy, just garlicky and fragrant)


Shrimp tempura roll


chopped tuna, topped with scallion and the same garlic pepper
mixture (it was deeeelicious)


Six dishes, for a total of 630 yen (about $6.30 US). SO CHEAP! This place is in a dangerously convenient location (right between work and home)... I have a feeling I will be coming by a lot!

On another note, Spring has arrived! The cherry blossoms have bloomed beautifully. I can't wait to go the park this weekend!

Sakura peeking from over someone's yard. Pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment