Saturday, March 22, 2014

Osaka Aquarium

After a few days that were either windy, rainy, or chilly... good weather finally smiled on Osaka. And to take advantage of the beautiful Spring day, I decided to head over to the Osaka aquarium!

The outside of the aquarium. It looks quite modern and space age-y!


The main attraction: a whale shark. I think this one is not a full
adult, as it didn't seem as big as I thought it would be.


Here he is with his mouth open; it was pretty impressive how big it was!


Just some little sharks. Chillin.


I don't feel like I often see this type of ray. They are spotted, and the
head is much more pronounced than the ones I usually see.


So tasty.... I mean... cute! Little squid.


Sometimes it looks like they are dancing in unison.


Mr. Penguin is like, "get me outta here!"


The jellyfish exhibit was fairly extensive.
I thought I saw a few that I haven't seen
before.


Cute! The internal body section looked
really cool in person.


More jellyfish


And there's a little blue one too!


It was astoundingly crowded at the aquarium, as this is a holiday weekend in Japan. So I probably didn't spend as much time inside as I normally would. Luckily, the day was beautiful and I was able to sit outside for a while.

Not the most impressive picture, but it was still nice to sit outdoors
after such a long and dreary winter!


Giant ferris wheel. The view from the top is supposed to be amazing.
However, it is still closed for the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment