Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ha ha ha! 成功了!紅豆冰!

Wow, I have been craving this drink for months. It's nothing more than a combination of sweetened red beans, a little syrup, and evaporated milk. But the price of fancy Japanese canned adzuki beans always held me back ($5 a can???). So when my mom suggested that I just cook my own red beans, I put aside the voice in my head clamoring for instant gratification and went the long route instead.

And boy, am I glad I did! This is refreshingly delicious, and brings back fond memories of Hong Kong.

Layer of soft sweet red beans on the bottom,
topped with evaporated milk, ice, and
a little extra sweet syrup.


I had some beginners luck; the red beans were soft but not too mushy!
So delicious; hands down my favorite way to have red beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment