Friday, January 25, 2013

Muffins - another picture post

Thought process: I have flour. Hm. And eggs. There should still be a stick of butter in the fridge. By golly, I can make chocolate chip lemon muffins!



Muffin components. Flour, milk, sugar, an egg, butter. Also a pinch of salt
and some baking powder. Flavoring ingredients I had available: lemon,
lime, chocolate chips. What a combo!


Mixing all the liquid ingredients (butter gets melted too). The lemon juice
made the milky mixture curdle, but didn't ultimately affect the batter.


Folding in the dry ingredients (sugar, flour). I sifted the flour beforehand
so that everything will stay fluffy and light.


Mix mix (but don't overmix!), and after adding chocolate chips,
the batter is done! So easy!


Filling up my cute silicone muffin cups. Nonstick! Then into the oven
for maybe 20 minutes.


And they're done! Golden and fluffy. 


The lemon flavor didn't come through well (and I added both juice and
zest!), so I made a glaze using lime juice (I was out of lemons) and
powdered sugar.


Really tangy glaze (and yes, I own a teeny tiny whisk).


Finished muffins.


Despite it looking filled with chocolate chips, wasn't too heavy.
The lime glaze really helped perk it up!




No comments:

Post a Comment