Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving... chicken

I managed to fit in three big Thanksgiving holiday traditions into my day today... I watched football, I took an afternoon nap, and I had turk... I mean... chicken.

Both are poultry, no? :)

I brought out the slow cooker again, after brining and browning some chicken pieces. Everything was kept pretty simple, with just some mushrooms, onions, and garlic in the pot. 

In the process of filling the slow cooker

I ended up serving this on top of some couscous, along with mushroom gravy that was made from deglazing the browning pan. 

Finished chicken in pot.


Ech; evening pictures take on a really unattractive yellow tint... have to figure out how to fix this! As a result, no picture of the finished dish. It was decently tasty; I think I still prefer baking chicken in the oven, but this would be an easy way to prepare dinner if I didn't want to spend a few hours in the kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment