Sunday, April 12, 2015

Seoul - Day 2, Part 2

After the emotionally heavy morning at the DMZ, I was ready to while away the afternoon. To that effect, I wandered around the neighborhood of Hondae, home of Hongik University. The young crowd and boisterous attitude made for a lively walk.


College students everywhere!



Beautiful murals in the neighborhood


Later, I headed up to another location much-favored by Korean TV dramas (or so I hear): the N Seoul Tower. Reached via a long-ish walk or a short cable car ride, it sits atop Namsan mountain at almost 800 feet elevation. The tower itself has an observatory, but since I was reluctant to pay the fee, I enjoyed the still-gorgeous views of the city from the tower base. The slowly setting sun was the perfect backdrop.

The city of Seoul, looking north

All those addictive TV dramas get broadcast from up here

Forget about love locks on bridges... they're now on trees!


N Seoul Tower, all lit up for the evening
one last picture as it gets dark and the city lights up

Seoul is a beautiful city!

No comments:

Post a Comment