Saturday, August 10, 2013

Love LOVE Mitsuwa

I think the most exciting thing about my dogsitting gig is that it's located near one of my favorite grocery stores. It's not ordinary grocery store, of course. The place is called Mitsuwa, and it sells exclusively all Japanese products. In addition, there's a delicious food court in the front, all showcasing fantastic food.

As soon as you walk in the door, you're greeted by multiple displays of food. They're all fake, of course, but it gives an idea of all the food available!

Fake food in windows. Still looks yummy!


This vendor showcases different ramen dishes.


This vendor offers different fried meats paired with rice.


I walked back and forth for 10 whole minutes, trying to figure out what to get. I couldn't decide between rice and noodles, and finally found a set lunch where I didn't have to choose!

Pork katsu mini don, with a mini udon bowl. Yes, I had carbs... with a side
of carbs! Accompanying were two pieces of tamagoyaki (Japanese egg
omelette) and some orange slices.


The "after" picture! I was hungry! And boy, it's a good thing that the
supermarket is a mile walk from the apartment... I need the exercise after
eating the huge meal!


My stomach sated, I spent some time roaming around the huge space. Every item you can imagine in Japanese cuisine was available.

A whole wall of miso options!


Mmm. Calbee chips in many flavors. Which one to get??


Was tempted to splurge on this fancy wagyu beef.


One of my favorite displays... pickles! I managed to limit myself to one
pickle purchase... for this visit.


There's prepared food available in the supermarket section too. Here's
some really fresh-looking sushi. The salmon don looks delicious!


More prepared food. There's a big selection of onigiri (rice balls) on the
top row, then other pre-cooked food. There's a microwave nearby,
handy for immediate consumption.


I was able to curb my spending for the visit, and just got some food for future meals. But I have a feeling I'll be visiting a lot over the next week! Hey, at a mile walk each way, it counts as exercise... right...?

No comments:

Post a Comment