Tuesday, May 7, 2013

More cooking

Wow, I am tired. Having worked in an office for over a decade, I am well aware of the exhaustion that happens when you've been mind-numbingly working in front of a computer for 10 hours nonstop. But this is different. I was on my feet for 6 hours straight today running errands and oh boy, do they hurt. Remind me again why I'm doing this now, instead of when I was young and spry?

I successfully framed and hung some artwork today, but neglected to take pictures. So here are photos of food again! Today's menu of three items:

'Greek' salad with chicken. Client is still going non-dairy, so I sadly
could not put any feta cheese in this. So it's just tomatoes, cucumber,
onions, and kalamata olives in a bright lemony balsamic dressing.


Turkey chili. The turkey turned out well; I pan fried it first, and it had
a toothsome bounce. Kidney beans, fire roasted diced tomatoes,
onions, corn, and some diced green chiles round out the dish. I love
how chili tastes better after a day or two in the fridge, so this is perfect.


Shrimp stir fry with quinoa. Maybe it's the Chinese in me, but it's hard
for me to fathom a meal without a starch. So since the client isn't
eating rice, I made some quinoa to mix in. It looks a little funny, but
tastes pretty good; the quinoa has an appealing firm bite to it.


Of course, as I shopped at Whole Foods today, a lady was passing out samples of locally-produced, nitrate-free bacon. It was so tasty that it made me sad to not be able to cook with it. Booo.


No comments:

Post a Comment